Tough and handsome!
Dogwoods can often appear dainty, with their thinner limbs and beautiful, soft-petal flowers. Cherokee Brave Dogwood (Cornus florida 'Comco No. 1') turns that perception on its head! This dogwood is one tough tree. Here are the reasons we love Cherokee Brave:
1. It is super cold hardy. – It thrives up to zone 5 and will stand up to weather conditions that will make most other dogwoods shrivel in fear and die. Ice, snow and freezing temps won’t knock Cherokee Brave down.
2. The flowers are unique – The big blossoms have an interesting red glow that fades to a white center. Stunning in the garden or vase.
3. Early blooming – Cherokee Brave Dogwoods bloom reliably earlier in the spring than many other dogwoods. They also leaf-out earlier shaking off the gray days of winter.
4. Great fall color – come Autumn the leaves turn a beautiful shade of maroon that really lights up the garden.
5. Winter berries – after the leaves drop Cherokee Brave has red berries and soft grey bark that is striking in the winter landscape and provides food for birds and other wildlife.
6. Low maintenance – very easy to care for once established. Pest resistant, disease resistant and drought tolerant.
7. Small size – Cherokee Brave only grows 20 to 30 feet tall so it fits perfectly into any sized landscape. This will be a prized tree in your garden. Don’t wait and order yours today!
* Very easy to grow
* Color all year
* Spring flowers
* Fall foliage
* Winter berries
|Brand||Nature Hills Nursery|
|Botanical Name||Cornus florida 'Comco No. 1'|
|Mature Height||25 - 30 feet|
|Mature Spread||20 - 30 feet|
|Soil Type||Rich, well drained|
|Moisture||Water carefully to establish, then as needed during dry periods, good moisture best.|
|Sun Exposure||Full Sun, Partial Sun|
|Flower Color||Tiny red flower in center of showy pink bracts wtih a white eye.|
|Foliage Color||Burgundy, green|