Jujube Trees for Sale at Nature Hills Nursery
The Jujube Tree not only features unique, sweet fruit, but it also produces a gorgeous fall color. And those are just two of the numerous qualities landscapers and homeowners appreciate.
You’ll find a fine selection of jujube trees for sale right here at Nature Hills Nursery, America’s largest online nursery.
Native to China, the Jujube is a small, deciduous tree with shiny green foliage and beautiful, gray bark. In the fall, the green leaves morph into a brilliant yellow.
The fruit turns dark purple with wrinkles, and it looks similar to a date. In fact, that is the exact reason why they’re called Chinese dates.
- You can find a Jujube Tree for sale that’s suitable for your planting zone using our USDA zone filters. To determine what planting zone you’re in, simply enter your zip code in the field above the Plant Highlights section on our products page. Nature Hills Nursery goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction and success: Our Guarantee to You
- Plant Sentry™
- Planting Guide for Success
Jujube Tree FAQ
What is a Jujube Tree good for?
With a wide range of Jujube tree menu options, the fruit has been used in a range of recipes and medicine for thousands of years.
- Eaten when immature and green, it has crisp skin and an apple-like flavor.
- When the fruit matures, eat it fresh, dried, added to salads, or brewed in tea for additional flavor.
- The fruit has been used to promote sleep and relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety, aid in healthy digestion while benefiting the heart and brain. In certain studies, it has even shown effectiveness against some cancers.
The Jujube is a highly ornamental and adaptable tree. Adding one to your landscape brings a bevy of benefits:
- Adorns your garden with shade and unique flowers.
- Works as lovely specimen trees
- Provides low-branched privacy hedges and barriers.
Which Jujube Tree is sweetest?
Ziziphus jujuba ‘Sugar Cane’ has the sweetest fruit. It’s also a very productive variety.
- Sugar Cane is a highly nutritious superfood.
- Ornamental as it is tasty, these tough trees are pest and drought resistant.
Do Jujube Trees need a pollinator?
Though Jujubes are self-pollinating, you’ll have a much larger crop per tree with another Jujube variety planted nearby.
Where do Jujube Trees grow?
To get the most fruit from your Jujube tree, plant in full sun and provide moderate, yet consistent moisture. They prefer well-drained soil.
Both Indian Jujube and Chinese Jujube Fruit trees are incredibly strong. They withstand hot summers, cold winters, and are pest and disease-resistant. This resilient tree is capable of flourishing in subzero temperatures and can adapt to scorching heat and drought.
- Shanxi Li Jujube and the Honey Jar Jujube are the most cold-hardy jujube trees.
- Li Jujube, the Sugar Cane, and GA 866 Jujube are the best for hotter growing zones.
Now that you know where to buy a jujube tree, all you need to do is place your order.