Sunjoy Mini Maroon Barberry
A really big mini!
Sunjoy Mini Maroon Barberry ( Berberis thunbergii x NCBT1) is a little plant with a big presence! Clocking in at 1-2 feet tall and wide this little guy will win your heart over.
1. This true dwarf will fit into any garden, no matter how small. Several make a great hedge. One makes a good specimen to highlight a nice garden feature, like a fountain or statuary. They are excellent in containers and thrive on balconies and postage-stamp-sized urban gardens.
2. Their color is anything but small! The deep burgundy color is almost black. It’s just about as dark as you can get in dark foliage. This means that when used in your garden it both draws your eye to it and makes the plants around it stand out. Use it to punctuate your perennial border or to punch up your tired evergreen bed.
3. Mini Maroon is sterile, so no messy fruit clean-up and no pesky nuisance seedlings to keep up with. It stays in its place and plays nice with others!
Remember that barberry is beautiful, but it does bite. The nasty thorns hidden under the small leaves are great deterrents when you plant this under a window or around property edges for security. No one wants to mess with this innocent-looking shrub once they’ve been bit!
This is a truly easy dwarf shrub to grow that will add warmth to your garden this year, whether it’s newly established or already mature.
* Natural dwarf
* Rich dark burgundy foliage
* Easy care
* Deer and drought resistant
* Thorns for security
|Brand||Nature Hills Nursery|
|Botanical Name||Berberis thunbergii SUNJOY 'NCBT1'|
|Mature Height||2 - 3 feet|
|Mature Spread||2 - 3 feet|
|Soil Type||Well drained soils|
|Moisture||Water to establish, then very drought tolerant|
|Sun Exposure||Full Sun|
|Foliage Color||Purple black|
|Fall Color||Burgundy / Purple|
|Fruiting Time||Fall seed, but sterile seed|