Yezberry® Maxie™ Japanese Haskap
Biggest berries and biggest taste!
If you like the idea of growing and harvesting your own berries, but are afraid that they’ll be too hard, too time-consuming, or too much trouble we’d like to introduce you to Yezberry Maxie Japanese Haskap. You know all about blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries because you can buy them in your local supermarket year round, but Japanese Haskaps may not be familiar to you. We think they’re about to take the home gardening world by storm, though. This is the first year that these are available to the home gardener in a big way and we think they’re going to take off.
What’s so awesome about these berries? Here are a few reasons:
1. Super easy to grow! These pure-bred Japanese berries are also natural natives of North America which means that they are very adaptable to just about any soil and just about any PH level you’ll encounter. All that they need is lots of sun and water and they will grow just about anywhere from zone 7 to zone 3! (They actually do ok in part sun too, just give them room for air to circulate around them.)
2. Super delicious! These berries are the biggest haskaps available and have a tart/sweet taste that is a cross between a ripe blueberry and a blackberry or raspberry. Eat them straight off of the bush or use them to make slammin’ jam, sauces and desserts.
3. Super hardy! Yezberry Haskaps will tolerate very cold weather and they fruit later than other haskaps so that they are great with a surprise spring frost or two.
When you order, make sure to order Yezberry Solo Japanese Haskap along with it as a pollinator for the best harvest. Order today!
* Largest tart/sweet berries
* Hardy native
* Very cold hardy
* Adapts to any soil
* Easy care
* Nice ornamental shrub
Buying Options for Plants
Nature Hills sells a large variety of plants with several options available. Plants are offered in both potted containers and as dormant bare root without soil. Here is a helpful resource to understand your options as you create a beautiful landscape with help from Nature Hills.
Ever wonder what a larger plant will mean for your landscape? Container Sizes are really all about the age of the plant!
Seasonally, Nature Hills offers hand selected, high quality bare root trees, shrubs and perennials. Bare root plants are sold by height from the top of the root system to the top of the plant. Plants may be taller than the height minimums.
- Popular sizes of select trees are 1 foot, 2 feet, 3 feet, etc.
- Popular sizes of select bare root plants is 1 foot, 18 inches, etc.
Nature Hills Container Size by Volume
|Young Plants to 18 Months|
|2"x2"x3"||Ranges from||.18 to .21 dry quarts / .198 to .23 dry liters in volume|
|4.5" Container||Equal to||.655 dry quart / .72 dry liter in volume|
|3.5" Container||Equal to||.67 dry quart / .74 dry liter in volume|
|4" Container||Equal to||.87 dry quart / .96 dry liter in volume|
|1 Quart||Equal to||1 dry quart / 1.1 dry liter in volume|
|5.5" Container||Equal to||1.89 of a dry quart / 2.08 dry liters in volume|
|4"x4"x5"||Ranges from||.8 to 1.1 dry quarts / .88 to 1.2 dry liters in volume|
|4"x4"x6"||Ranges from||1.0 to 1.3 dry quarts / 1.1 to 1.41 dry liters in volume|
|4"x4"x9"||Ranges from||1.1 to 2.1 dry quarts / 1.2 to 2.3 dry liters in volume|
|4"x4"x10"||Ranges from||1.7 to 2.3 dry quart / 1.87 to 2.53 dry liters in volume|
|Plants 18 Months - 2.5 Years Old|
|2 Quart||Equal to||2 dry quarts / 2.2 dry liters in volume|
|#1 Container||Ranges from||2.26 to 3.73 dry quarts / 2.49 to 4.11 dry liters in volume|
|5"x5"x12"||Equal to||3.5 to 4.3 dry quarts / 3.85 to 4.74 dry liters in volume|
|Plants 2 - 4 Years Old|
|#2 Container||Ranges from||1.19 to 1.76 dry gallons / 5.24 to 7.75 dry liters in volume|
|#3 Container||Ranges from||2.32 to 2.76 dry gallons / 10.22 to 12.16 dry liters in volume|
|Plants 3 - 5 Years Old|
|#5 Container||Ranges from||2.92 to 4.62 dry gallons / 12.86 to 20.35 dry liters in volume|
|#7 Container||Ranges from||5.98 to 6.08 dry gallons / 26.34 to 26.78 dry liters in volume|
About Plant Sentry™
Plant Sentry is designed to protect both consumers and the nursery trade from invasive plant pests and diseases. Sites that display the Plant Sentry protection badge are protected from consumers buying and nurseries shipping material carrying invasive pests and diseases.
This proprietary eCommerce software prevents the shipment of a restricted plant to each state. The Plant Sentry system includes a shipment certification program. The Plant Sentry Compliance Officer works closely with NatureHills.com and each nursery or fulfillment center to ensure only compliant plants are sold to customers.
click Here to learn more
|Botanical Name||Lonicera caerulea YEZBERRY 'Kuchi'|
|Mature Height||5 - 6 feet|
|Mature Spread||4 - 8 feet|
|Soil Type||Well drained|
|Sun Exposure||Full Sun|