Fall Color Trees Available at Nature Hills Nursery
Once the chill enters the night air, Tree leaves transform into an array of reds, oranges, purples, yellows, browns, bronzes, and mottled grays! While the green all summer is delightful, those autumn colors attract the eye and set the mood for the end of the growing season.
Add all of the muted colors to your landscape and the multitudes of shades of these fall-colored trees. These leaves could be referred to as eye candy! Nature Hills lets you choose the fall color of your tree selection process so you can create a varied color palette in your landscape!
Where Does Fall Leaf Color Come From?
The beautiful scenery created by leaves in the fall is due to the lack of sunlight the chlorophyll-filled leaves receive in the fall. The lack of food production and the loss of chlorophyll cause the leaves to turn color.
The color changes are more predominant in some species than others. Species such as Maples, Ash, Oak, and Serviceberry can display bright glowing colors! Also, there are trees within each of these species that are drab and not very colorful at all.
Weather, drought, sudden temperature changes, excessive rainfall, lack of sunlight, the age of your tree, and availability of nutrition during the growing season all have an impact on what color, if any, your tree will have each year!
- The October Glory Red Maple consistently displays red, orange, and yellow every fall
- Or the always golden Ginkgo Tree to light up your autumn!
- Try the orange fall hues of a Shumard Oak
- The Sunburst® Honeylocust has bright lemony leaves that turn gold in fall
- The Sweetgum Tree will give the Maple a run for its money with its brilliant fall color
- The Firebird™ Variegated Flowering Dogwood Tree features pink spring and fall hues!
- Ash trees have burgundy fall color and yellow interior foliage making them seem to glow from within!
Extend the Beauty of the Season!
Fall Color Trees come in an assortment of sizes and leaf shapes! Some fall leaf displays last for a long period and some color displays are short-lived - but no matter how long the show lasts each year, it's sure to be breathtaking!
Fall is in the air! Pumpkins, pick-your-own-apples, bonfires, and the harvest season arrives! Trees begin to show us how beautiful it is to let things go!
Check out all the Fall Color Trees at Nature Hills and light up your autumns for years to come! Click the photos to learn more about our beautiful fall-colored trees, or call our plant experts at (402) 934-8116!