Purple Pixie Weeping Fringe Flower
Perhaps the perfect container plant!
We love plants that are bring big color to small spaces and do it with ease and charm. Purple Pixie Weeping Fringe Flower (Loropetalum chinese 'Peack' ) is that kind of lovely plant.
It is a low growing but lushly colored plant with its burgundy evergreen leaves and hot pink fringy flowers that bloom sporadically all year long. You can use it as a groundcover where it will spread 5’ wide but only grows 1’ tall. ‘Purple Pixie’ keeps its purple leaves all year round and definitely livens up any garden space, whether you have a large garden or a small one.
Some ideas on how to use ‘Purple Pixie’ to its best advantage:
1. Plant it in a window box where it will cascade out and be at eye level to enjoy the funky flowers.
2. Let it soften the edges of a stone wall by pouring over the top.
3. It will easily fill a small to medium-sized container and is fantastic on its own but try pairing it with other hardy perennials or evergreens in a mixed container. (The deeply colored leaves look especially good with chartreuse-leaved plants or white flowered plants.)
4. Let it fill in empty space in an evergreen bed.
Purple Pixie Weeping Fringe Flower is sure to take pride-of-place in your garden. Plant it where you want some fun drama. Don’t let the year get by without having this pretty shrub in your garden. Order yours soon!
* Easy care
* Naturally dwarf
* Hot pink fringe flowers all year
* Rich purple-colored foliage
* Great spreading groundcover
* Perfect in pots
|Brand||Nature Hills Nursery|
|Botanical Name||Loropetalum chinese 'Peack'|
|Mature Height||18 - 24 inches|
|Mature Spread||4 -5 feet|
|Soil Type||Loamy, well drained soil|
|Moisture||Water carefully to establish then as needed during dry periods|
|Sun Exposure||Full Sun, Partial Sun|
|Flower Color||Hot pink|