Monthly Archives: November 2018
Want to know a secret? The key to attracting butterflies, beneficial insects and pollinators is to grow plants that flower.
Now, you can certainly refine your approach to this, but planting flowering plants is the first step. Bees, birds, butterflies and beneficial insects love blooming plants as much as you do!
These animals play an incredibly key role in the ecosystem. Declining populations from industrial agriculture and pesticides are wreaking havoc on our fruit, flower and food crops.
At Nature Hills, we have expanded our plant palate to include many more natives and plants for your yard. You’ll be amazed at the many options to attract these important and beautiful creatures to your yard.
Get Started Building a Butterfly Garden
One of the top questions we get asked is how to use trees and shrubs to get more privacy without making your house and yard look like a fortress.
There are so many different challenges modern homeowners face, and plants can solve these problems in a beautiful way. Use plants and hardscape together to create your ultimate backyard oasis.
- Do you want a fast way to completely screen out and block something ugly or a bad view?
- Are you a little “too close for comfort” with a nosy neighbor?
- Are you looking for a soft, breezy way to create a sense of separation, without sacrificing sun or sky views?
- Do you dream of relaxing next to a live, flowering garden wall?
- Are your guests being blown away by harsh winds at your backyard barbeques?
- Do you live on a