James Macfarlane Lilac
Hardy Shrubs with a Delicious Scent
The Lilac 'James Macfarlane', Syringa presoniae 'James Macfarlane', blooms two weeks later than Syringa vulgaris types. The true single pink flowers bloom freely.
It is extremely hardy and adaptable, withstanding moisture conditions fatal to vulgaris hybrids. This lilac has an upright shape.
James MacFarlane is an elegant, hardy shrub which will make a colorful informal hedge, or can be grown as a specimen shrub or small tree.
The large clusters of deliciously scented flowers bloom in May and June and are attractive to butterflies. For best results, lilacs should be grown in fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil.
As with many other lilacs, this lilac will attract hummingbirds and butterflies!
* Large Clusters of Pink Blooms
* Extremely Hardy and Adaptable
* Amazing Scent Attracts Butterflies & Hummingbirds
|Family||Syringa x prestoniae 'James Macfarlane'|
|Mature Height||8 feet|
|Mature Spread||6 - 10 feet|
|Sun Exposure||Full Sun|
|Flower Color||True Pink|
James Macfarlane Lilac.
- Starting at: $19.95 - In stock
- Wonderful, lacey, fragrent shrub! Review by Sandy
- Hardy Review by Winter
- It is the most beautiful lilac I've ever seen! Review by Alison
Write Your Own Review
You have no items in your shopping cart.